Thursday, February 18, 2010

Telluride

Our first visit to Telluride and let me tell you it does not disappoint.

I had not skied in two years and was not in the least bit excited about this outing with verbal back up from my 3 chicas who were even less enthusiastic than me.

The proviso for attending this trip was "it has to be deluxe". No more lugging boots, bags and booty out of the apartment, down the stairs, up the street, on the bus, and up the slopes. So for the first time in our families history of skiing we went "posh." Do you get the feel of just how big a deal this was for me? I would have minions to collect all my heavy gear, I could ski to the door and alight from cumbersome boots knowing my soft apres ski boots would be handed to me by a smiling youth. Add to that the urns full of coffee and sweet cocoa and you have one happy ski mama.

The Mountain Village where we stayed was cute, well planned and thought out, full of goodies to eat and shops to shop in and all that without having to go in the gondola down to town for more shopping and eating.

The spa in the resort provided luxurious treatments as well as the basic pool ( indoor/outdoor), steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, water slide and loungers. Swimming under the stars with the snow gently falling and the steam rising off the water made me feel all nordic and healthy.

Then to retire to view the olympics in the great room by the fire with the snow capped mountains (more than Vancouver had!) added a sublime feeling to the end of the day.


The fact we did not ski an entire week helped too. We did not reach the point of exhausation and frustration that we normally do. In this instance less was certainly more.
We all came away feeling healthy and not overly taxed by the exertion.

Who knows we may return.

No comments: